Photographers hair catches alight at wedding – Yes that’s me!

Everyone who photographs weddings has a crazy wedding story ….

I always thought that my most ridiculous wedding story was the time I sat in horse poo whilst doing a few groom portraits right before the speeches were about to start. I was sitting in the grass shooting away and when I stood up my assistant gave me a look that indicated that something was very very wrong. She had a reason for the horrified expression – My butt was covered in brown manure! Not cool. What was even more uncool was the fact that I didn’t have another pair of pants to change into and it looked as if I had had an accident in my trousers. There was nothing I could do. I just had to laugh and keep on shooting!

There have a been more incadents but this latest one really has to take the cake!

While photographing Emma and Murrays wedding at Netherwood I stood a bit too close to a candle and my hair actually caught alight! One of the videographers managed to get a clip of it just as it caught alight. Unfortunately he didn’t get all of the smoke as I had hopped out of the wayl!!!! In that situation the only thing you can do once the flames have been patted out is to once again …… laugh and keep on shooting. It was funny. It was certainly a wedding I will never forget that is for sure and my hair did actually need a trim! (although I have to say that it hasn’t been quite the same since then!!)

Thanks so much to Mark Thompson from Beyond Measure productions for freezing that moment in time …. (I think …!) Mark is a dream to work with if you are in the market for a videographer!